My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Friday, April 27, 2007

The World Bank fiasco, or is there one?

I have not been following this World Bank problem, because I was upset that Mr. Wolfowitz would allow himself to get tangled with corruption. That's what I get for listening to the dinosaur media. Shame on me!

I was just reading the Opinion Journal and I must admit, I am pleasantly surprised.
Sub-Saharan Africa is the world's poorest region, and Mr. Wolfowitz has appropriately made it his top priority. On his first day on the job, he met with a large group of African ambassadors and advocates. His first trip as bank president was a swing through Burkina Faso, Nigeria, Rwanda and South Africa. He also recruited two African-born women vice presidents, a rarity at the bank.

If you're surprised by that last fact, then you don't appreciate that the World Bank has always been a sinecure for developed-world politicians. They get handsome salaries, tax free, and their performance is measured not by how much poverty they cure but by how much money they disperse. [Continue reading.]
Now you see why we should never buy another newspaper, watch another TV news program or believe anything the Leftist commies tell us. It simply is not true.

What is the sense of having free speech if you are only going to use it to lie? I'm not talking about one or two people. I'm talking about a culture dominated with communists! And they critize us for speaking the truth? Now we know why!

Labels: , , , ,