My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Remain watchful against Islamists, and report them

I reported about the lawsuit against Islamic Society of Boston, and that was a victory for us. But only a small one, if we forget to remain vigilant. (H/t: Atlas Shrugs, AL Qaeda & ACLU Team Up Sue Boeing.)

Does that mean watch Muslims like a hawk? NO! Don't be silly. It means be aware of your surroundings as if you would if there were a rapist, a burglar, a child molester, or any other type of criminal intending to do harm.

I have received some news today that I would like to share with you. "Are You the Key to Homeland Security?". This was written by CBN News reporter Erick Stakelbeck on June 1, 2007. This is a longer version of the taped interview by HotAir.

It is up to you and me to make sure that America stays free and at the same time, innocent Muslims remain unmolested and unharmed. How do we do this? If I knew, I wouldn't be sitting here talking about it, I'd be doing it! Well, actually, this is how I am doing it. Reminding us, sharing information, keeping informed, etc.

That is why I would like to speak to you about a man by the name of Dr. Zuhdi Jasser. He is a Muslim who has been single-handedly fighting these radicals. He has also started a site called American Islamic Forum for Democracy. He has received death threats--the norm it seems for this 'peaceful' religion, he has been censored, yet he has brought to the attention of his fellow Muslim brothers and sisters that they are not alone.

If he can do this, I intend on doing whatever it is I can do to help spread the word. If you go to his site, you can also join up to help spread the news that Muslims need not hide. They are welcome here, but only if they decide to become more American.

By 'becoming more American,' I mean straight out: Pledge allegiance to America. Period. Become our brothers and sisters. If not, do not expect any respect from us. You will not have earned it. We come before your religion. After all, isn't that what your religion teaches you? That is, when you read it rationally, what it says.

Source: This was sent by way of the AIFD, Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, Founder.

Update: The story that Atlas Shrugs wrote was about the ongoing battle between the power we have to be diligent and survive or get sued, shut up, and die. Not much of a choice if you ask me. That is why I say, "Remain diligent."

Labels: , , , , ,