My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Please continue praying for Danny's family

Crossposted at Loving God Holy.

Some of my readers may have seen this request over at my homepage, My Newz 'n Ideas, but I have a little more news about this situation. It is also quite humorous. It was written by Linda, Danny's wife. I would like to share it with you.
    Life is a Fartlek

    My husband has a text file stored on his computer entitled, Wise Things I've Said. Today he's adding another to the list which is the title of this entry.

    This morning Danny and I were discussing all kinds of subjects and then we started talking about struggles that I've been through in the past six years. And just recently a new struggle has shown its ugly head.

    Several years ago when my husband went to John Brown University in Arkansas, he was friends with a guy named Jonathan Beverly who was an avid runner. Jonathan is now editor-in- chief of Running Times. Jonathan once told Danny that you know you're really a runner when you can use the word "fartlek" in a mixed crowd and not be embarrased.

    According to Dictionary.com this is its definition,
    "a training technique, used esp. among runners, consisting of bursts of intense effort loosely alternating with less strenuous activity."

    Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Random House, Inc. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fartlek (accessed: June 01, 2007).
    This morning as we talked through my struggles, Danny popped out a quotable quote, Life is a fartlek. He is so right as in applying this to my life. As a Christian, God puts things in my life to keep me growing. At the age of 40, I can look back and see periods of time when it was really stressful and then other periods of when life was so calm I was bored and uninspired to do anything. God does this to me to help me grow but not continuously overwhelm me that there's too much to handle. At times in life where there is great stress I truly know God would not push beyond the stress level I could handle. But He would push me to my limit so I would run to Him for help and strength which would also cause my faith to grow.

    Another good quote by my husband, Life is a fartlek.
Linda's Thoughts is a wonderful site where you may go to encourage Danny's wife. Let her know you are praying for her. She is a beautiful and thoughtful writer, and she is a very warm person. You will not be disappointed. Thank you, and God bless you.

Labels: , ,