My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Moderate Muslim Voices Silenced

As I have been informing you, PBS has been silencing the true moderate Muslims. This is wrong. I am glad to state that some of our newspapers are beginning to see the light as well.
PBS won't show 'Islam vs. Islamists,'
but you should see it, says ROD DREHER
.
02:19 PM CDT on Sunday, May 13, 2007

I've asked myself a thousand times since 9/11: Where are all the moderate Muslims? We're assured that there's a silent majority of Muslims who want nothing to do with the jumped-up jihadists. But those voices are few and far between.

Here's the good news: The makers of the PBS-commissioned documentary, "Islam vs. Islamists: Voices from the Center," did find some outspoken moderate Muslims and profiled them and their astonishing courage. The film shows these men mounting a lonely resistance against Muslim leaders in the West who are fronting a false moderate face to the public while using oil money from Gulf Arab sources to make their hard-line version of Islam the norm.

Here's the bad news: PBS refused to air the film as part of its recent "America at the Crossroads" series, even though it had been scheduled. I saw Islam vs. Islamists and concluded that it's absolutely vital to informed public debate. That PBS decided not to show, at least for now, such an important film is shocking. [Continue reading.]
It boggles my mind that people, while faced with danger to their homeland, will team with the enemy because they don't care for their leaders. It isn't about them. Grow up. For Christ's sake, grow up and join the rest of us who love this country.

Labels: , , ,