My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Can you reform a terrorist?

There is a Muslim who used to be a terrorist. He is now warning people against terrorism. He wrote an article in the Opinion Journal yesterday, and I found it very well written.
To bring an end to Islamophobia, we must employ a holistic approach that treats the core of the disease. It will not suffice to merely suppress the symptoms. It is imperative to adopt new Islamic teachings that do not allow killing apostates (Redda Law). Islamic authorities must provide mainstream Islamic books that forbid polygamy and beating women. Accepted Islamic doctrine should take a strong stand against slavery and the raping of female war prisoners, as happens in Darfur under the explicit canons of Shariah ("Ma Malakat Aimanikum"). Muslims should teach, everywhere and universally, that a woman's testimony in court counts as much as a man's, that women should not be punished if they marry whom they please or dress as they wish. [Continue reading (registration required and free).]
The only thing that really disurbs me is that they told us how they operate. They blend in, they become a part of the community. How do we know this is not a plot? I will NOT apologize. I feel this way, and he is correct. You need to look at yourselves.

When 9/11 happened, I was one of the first to make sure nothing happened to you. You act like I am the enemy. If I am, don't be a coward. Tell me to my face so I can kick your arse all the way out of my country. If not, stand up for your relatives and friends back in the middle east! My God, what's wrong with you?

Labels: , , , , ,