My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Be prepared for another attack at home

I cannot believe the stupidity of our elected officials. Maybe it comes from too much education? The Attorney General today sent a letter to Sens. Spectar and Leahy letting them know that the "domestic" spying (which was leaked by someone who was never charged, btw) would be altered so that every case of eavesdropping would go through FISA.

ZDNet news has this: Attorney general: NSA spy program to be reformed. I expect every citizen who reads this to call the White House at 202-456-1111 and ask, "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

They will now have to have probable cause instead of cause for reasonable searches. Why is President Bush giving up presidential powers? I am very afraid. You should be, too. I usually say about here, "Have a great day." Today I will say, "Eat, Drink and be Merry, for tomorrow we die."

Update: American Civil Liberties Union et al., v. National Security Agency et al.

Hat tip: Council on Foreign Relations.

Labels: , , ,