My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Happy First Year Anniversary to Me!

One year ago today, I was encouraged to start a "blog" by an Iraqi friend of ours, Nabil. I had no idea what a blog was and boy, did I ask the stupidest questions!

Then I had to decide about what to write. I didn't want to write the same thing that everyone is already writing about, however, some of them are anyway. The blogosphere is so huge, you cannot help but run into similar articles.

I am grateful for this! Yes I am. This way, I can check my facts. I was even asked to write for an Arab online paper, but I did not feel comfortable giving all the information about myself they required. That is why I turned it down.

I was flattered, however. I was hoping that maybe someday I would be noticed! lol. I had to go across oceans to do it, but so what? lol.

I have met so many interesting people through this blog and others. Matt of Blackfive, Dagney, Jane of Armies of Liberation, Steve of DOUBLE TOOTHPICKS, Chris of LeavWorld, Michael Fitch, Mr. Kurtz of Mr. Kurtz's Neighborhood, Pat of Pawigo's View, Tom of The Redhunter, Seawitch, 2nd Lt. Rusten Currie (running for US Congress seat 35 in CA), Captain Holly and The Great El-ahrairah of The Warren, Fayrouz of Live from Dallas, the brothers at Iraq the Model, Fausta of Bad Hair Blog, La Shawn Barber, and just so many others. I am grateful to "know" you all.

As of this writing, I have had 18,843 hits! Most of them are to see my picture of September 11, 2001. When I wrote a comment in Blackfive's site when he had reached 1M hits (if I remember correctly), and I mentioned I was trying to reach 2000. After that, people have been so kind as to drop by.

I would just like to thank everyone who stopped by, even the people with which I do not agree. Today I received a congratulations already from Jack of Jack of Clubs. He is a very kind man. He remembered from an article I wrote last month! I almost forgot! lol.

The truth is, I thought I had missed my anniversary by one day. Thank you, Jack, for reminding me. Also for letting me know that I am too involved with everything. lol. I stay up all night, I stay awake most of the day, and every six days or so I sleep for 24 hours off and on. My body demands it. I kind of have no choice, if you know what I mean. lol. Thank you so much, everyone. Have a wonderful day.

PS. If you do not see your name here, please leave me a comment with your URL and I will add it to the list. There are just so many! Like Arthur Chrenkoff. How could I not include him?!

Update: Avik of Shades of Life is another new (to me) writer whom I find does very well.