My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Friday, June 03, 2005

2nd Lt. Ilario Pantano Resigns

I am very upset at this news. A great Marine, a great husband, a great father, a great son, and an all around great man has had his life destroyed by political correctness. This must not happen again.

There is a site that you can go to if you would like to help others who find themselves in a situation like this one. It is called Defend the Defenders. You may donate, keep up with news, and reach out to those who just want to know we support them.

If you would like to read a very good article about this, please read Euphoric Reality. I am surely going to miss having 2nd Lt. Pantano in the Marines, and I'm not even in the Military! I cannot imagine what kind of an impact this is going to have on the rest of the troops.

As you go on with your life, Ilario, please know that we, I, support your desicion, your family, and you. Thank you so very much for your service, and welcome home. May the rest of your life be filled with only blessings. Again, thank you.

Hat tip to Blackfive.

Update: Kit Jarrell of Euphoric Realities has written a follow up article which says what I would like to say, only better. Good job, Kit. Thank you for your family's service as well.

Update: I have made a list of links of my articles for those who would like more information on 2nd Lt. Ilario Pantano.