My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

The recommendation has been given to Maj. Gen. Huck

I have good news for you. I want you to go to Michelle Malkin's and Defend the Defenders, 5/12/2005 to get a copy of the written assessment of the trial by the prosecutor. One paragraph in particular I would like you to pay serious attention:
It is my recommendation to the Convening Authority that Charge I: Violation of the UCMJ, Article 92, Charge II: Violation of the UCMJ, Article 109, and the Charge III: Violation of the UCMJ, Article 118, charged against 2nd Lt. Pantano be withdrawn. It is also my recommation 2nd Lt. Pantano be referred to Commanding General, 2nd Marine Division Non-Judicial Punishment for the charge of Violation of UCMJ, Article 133, specifically that he wrongfully desecrated the bodies of two unknown, suspected enemy insurgents by firing approximately thirty 5.56 rounds from his second magazine into the afore mentioned bodies in order to send a message to the local insurgents, to the disgrace of the armed forces.
This is the last paragraph of a 16 page recommendation to withdraw all other charges. Coburn does not tell the same story twice, Pantano is consistent. It is a good read, especially when you find that one of our own is not guilty for doing what he is trained to do. Thank You, Lord.

Hat tip to Eric, Michelle Malkin, and Defend the Defenders.

Update: I have made a list of links of my articles for those who would like more information on 2nd Lt. Ilario Pantano.