My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Virgin Atlantic sees the light

The Virgin Atlantic had been showing the movie, Loose Change 2. This is a very provocative, to say the least, movie about the USA bombing its own World Trade Center.

I was incensed, so I wrote a letter explaining that I would not use their airways until this movie was banned. Today I received my answer:
Dear Ms Rosemary **********,

Many thanks for your email.

We are really sorry that you felt you had to write to us about this movie.

We will not be showing Loose Change 2 on our aircraft. Virgin Atlantic is known for showing the latest movies and media trends, without censorship as we believe travellers have the right to choose from as wide a programme as possible. However as there is a danger with this movie that viewers may be offended, although they have the choice not to view it, we have decided to remove it from the in flight Entertainment menu.

We appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us.

Yours sincerely

Caroline Lynam
Customer Relations Manager
I am sharing this with you so that you will know the boycott of Virgin Atlantic is over. It is up to you if you choose to fly their skies.

Michelle Malkin also makes mention of this, only she had it out on the 3rd of May. Hmm...why did I just get response? I wrote as soon as I found out. Oh well. lol.

Labels: , ,