My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Economy of God

There is a Chaplain in Iraq whom I just adore reading. He always makes me think, makes me grateful, and even makes me contrite. I thought I would share just a little of one his posts: Is it better to be a jock or a nerd?
Final Answer: So, if it isn’t for payoff, or the avoidance of punishment why be a Christian at all? It is the million dollar question. Why do 110 million Americans get out of bed on Sunday morning drag themselves to worship? Why should you belong to a church, give money to a church, or even bother with church?

Or, to make things more specific why should you care about the burdens of someone else? Why should you pick up the burdens of the world? Why should I go to bible study, memorize scripture, teach Sunday school, or one of the many other things that can be done.

Well don’t do them because you have to. Do them because you get to. I get to be included in the purposes of God. I get to be part of the economy of God. I get to be used by God to make the world a better place for myself, my children, my spouse and my neighbor. I get to be involved in God reconciling the world. I am an insider in an outsider world. I have a place. I am blessed.
His name is CB and his blog is The Online Chaplain. This is a lovely and heart warming post. It also makes one think about their own relationship with our Lord. Or not.

How can one man wearing the uniform of a soldier touch so many so far away? That is what it is like to be a Christian. It is very comforting, indeed. Thank you, Lord, and thank you, CB. Have a great day.

Labels: , ,