My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

NY and GA Court Get it Right...Finally

Today's rulings in the courts are a victory for marriage. In NY, a 100 year old law declaring that marriage will be between a man and a woman withstood pressures from the homosexual community by voting 4-2 in favor of the law. It was said that if you don't like it, go to your legislature and change the law.

In Georgia, the court overturned a lower court's ruling which stated the Federal Marriage Act was inconstitutional. The higher court took the position that it is constitutional.

We had one good day out of 365 days. I'll take it. Now let's get to work on those 364 days!

Hat tip to Hugh Hewitt.

Category: American News & Issues and Constitutional Issues.