My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Privacy invaded again, this time the Navy

It has happened again. Only this time, they are civilians. What were they before? Hmm. Anyway, here goes:
The Navy said Friday the information was in five documents and included people's names, birth dates and Social Security numbers. Navy spokesman Lt. Justin Cole would not identify the Web site or its owner, but said the information had been removed. He would not provide any details about how the information ended up on the site. [continue reading]
It has the potential to affect 28,000 Sailors and their families. I am pretty upset about this.

I am beginning to see a pattern here. They have over half a million (I think) names, numbers, and birthdates right now, but who are they? Are they friendlies? Are they enemies? Is someone determined to get into the base to do harm on American soil?

I want answers, and I want them NOW. Our men and women deserve much better protection than this. After all, they are giving their best to protect us.

Category: (Military) News.