My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Daily Quote 6/18/2006

Monday, June 12, 2006.
"It is necessary for every American, with becoming energy to endeavor to stop the dissemination of principles evidently destructive of the cause for which they have bled. It must be the combined virtue of the rulers and of the people to do this, and to rescue and save their civil and religious rights from the outstretched arm of tyranny, which may appear under any mode or form of government."

--Mercy Warren (History of the Rise, Progress, and Termination of the American Revolution, 1805); Reference: Our Sacred Honor, Bennett, 376.

May we disarm the ACLU?

Tuesday, June 13, 2006.
"The Declaration of Independence...[is the] declaratory charter of our rights, and the rights of man."

--Thomas Jefferson (letter to Samuel Adams Wells, 1819); Reference: The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, Lipscomb and Bergh, eds., 15:200.

That includes all the rights you will find in the Bill of Rights and the Amendments. This is where they were born in documentary form. They are derived from, not by man, God.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006.
"The name of American, which belongs to you, in your national capacity, must always exalt the just pride of Patriotism, more than any appellation derived from local discriminations."

--George Washington (Farewell Address, 1796); Reference: Inaugural Addresses of the Presidents of the United States.

Does that answer question, Ms. Chick?

Thursday, June 15, 2006.
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."

--Thomas Jefferson (Notes on the State of Virginia, Query 17, 1782); Reference: Jefferson: Writings, Peterson ed., Library of America (285).

And it does my neighbor no harm if I say, "There is but one God, and one Son, and one Holy Spirit." So why should my neighbor have more rights than I?

Friday, June 16, 2006.
"The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have past at home in the bosom of my family."

--Thomas Jefferson (letter to Francis Willis Jr., 18 April 1790).

Amen. Happy Father's Day.

Founders' Quote Daily is a service of The Patriot Post, the most widelyread conservative journal on the Internet. If you would like to receiveFounders Quote Daily, and this highly acclaimed Digest of news, policy andopinion delivered FREE by e-mail to your inbox, link to: PatriotPost.US/subscribe/.

Category: Constitutional Issues.