My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

News, News, and more News

Jewish Telegraphic Agency (JTA) has written two articles about Caspar 'Cap' Weinberger who died today. He was President Ronald Reagan's Defense Secrectary, and he died in his home in Maine at the age of 88 years old.

The press and Israel will be bringing up the fact that Cap pushed for Pollard to serve a full life sentence, and he was also 'involved' in the 'Iran-Contra affair.' He was pardoned before any case came before him by President George H. G. Bush.

Cap, I don't care what they say, thank you. May you rest in peace, and may your family and loved ones be comforted. Good-bye.

Update: Oh my! I forgot the rest of the stories! There are stories I haven't had to write, but you may have an interested.

March 18, 2006
Arizona Gov sends Guard to border:
Judge to Order Google to Give Up Some Data
Judge to Let U.S. Seek Death for Moussaoui
More on WMD Hat tip MilBlog.
Sen. John Cornyn: Deport Yale Taliban
Board of Education Bridges Mobilized Guard Soldier’s Military Pay Gap You must register to view this.

Dates Uncertain:
Security talks put China-US tension back in focus
Saudi Arabia/State Dept. Human Rights
Ongoing Efforts To Implement the U.S.-India Civil Nuclear Agreement
WWII’s Kilroy was here...the rest of the story. Also, the words to taps. (Iran)
Belarusian election severely flawed due to arbitrary use of state power and restrictions on basic rights.

March 23, 2006
Going After the FARC is Important for Terror Financing
Foiled Attacks Can Lull Public
Is the ETA's "Ceasefire" Sincere and Permanent?
FARC Terrorist Leaders Indicted for Massive Cocaine Dealing
Hat tip to the Counter Terrorism Blog for the above 4 articles.

US not ready to remove Libya from terrorist list
US, allies press Afghanistan on Christian convert
U.S. Seeks Expanded Sanctions Against Belarusian Authorities.
White House Joins EU in Belarus Sanctions (I guess it all depends on how you want to see it!)
State's Burns Rejects Direct U.S.-Iran Talks Over Nuclear Issue.
IA, MND-B SOLDIERS DISRUPT TERRORIST ACTIVITIES.
ABC News says Saddam OK'd bin Laden contact By Judy Mathewson; Bloomberg News
Exclusive: Saddam Possessed WMD, Had Extensive Terror Ties, By Scott Wheeler, CNSNews.com Staff Writer, October 04, 2004.
Terrorism Plot: Poison Beer At British Soccer Games.

March 24, 2006
Russia Spies Operated in Iraq Through 2003.
Pressure Grows to Free Afghan Convert.

March 25, 2006
Report: Russia Gave Iraq Details About War.

March 27, 2006
Lifesaving knowledge, innovation emerge in war clinic.

March 28, 2006
Evidence of Sudan’s Bombings.
New Versions of Moussaoui's Role Emerge.
Italy Seeks Asylum for Christian Convert.

Well, that is all I shall burden you with at this point. Have I read all of these? No. Have I read most of these? Yes. Why do you think I have been so miscombombulated? By the time I get done ready them, the news has changed or it is old.

These are some of the articles that have weighing heavy on my mind. I still have much to do, but it will slighty easier now that I have this off my list of 'to do' projects. There really are some good articles in there. Many people contributed. If you recognize your work and do not see credit, please let me know immediately! I will gladly give the credit due you. Have a good day.