My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Daily Quote 3/26/2006

Monday, March 20, 2006
"It is much to be wished that slavery may be abolished. The honour of the States, as well as justice and humanity, in my opinion, loudly call upon them to emancipate these unhappy people. To contend for our own liberty, and to deny that blessing to others, involves an inconsistency not to be excused." --John Jay (letter to R. Lushington, 15 March 1786), Reference: Our Sacred Honor, Bennett (352)

I just found a new hero for myself. I must read a book written about or by him.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006
"The Judiciary...has no influence over either the sword or the purse; no direction either of the strength or of the wealth of the society, and can take no active resolution whatever. It may truly be said to have neither force nor will." --Alexander Hamilton (Federalist No. 78, 1788), Reference: Hamilton, Federalist No. 78 (465)

He must be rolling in his grave...

Wednesday, March 23, 2006
"Observe good faith and justice towards all Nations. Cultivate peace and harmony with all." --George Washington (Farewell Address, 19 September 1796), Reference: George Washington: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. (522)

We are trying, General Washington. We are trying. (I know he was president also, but he did not look at that as if it were permanent mantra. It was something that was necessary at that time.)

Thursday, March 24, 2006
"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" --Patrick Henry (Speech to the Virginia Convention, 23 March 1775), Reference: Respectfully Quoted

If there is nothing worth dying for, there is nothing worth living for.

Friday, March 25, 2006
"Children should be educated and instructed in the principles of freedom." --John Adams (Defense of the Constitutions, 1787), Reference: The Learning of Liberty, Prangle and Prangle (96); original The Works of John Adams, C.F. Adams, ed., vol. 6 (168)

Yes, they should. Let the parents teach them about sex, life, and all the things our schools are wasting our tax dollars on!