My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Akbar Ganji is FREE! News from Iran 3/20/2006

Sunday, March 19, 2006
  • The Hindu reported that Ganji said: "My views have not changed at all. Jail and pressures never forced me to change my views. Today, I'm more determined to say what I said six years ago."
  • Seattle PI reported "My husband is so weak physically now. He is just 108 pounds. But I'm happy he is back home," his wife said. "He needs rest; please don't put too many questions to him. He's not going to be so outspoken." "No, I'm more radical than before," Ganji interrupted.
  • Iran Press News reported that Tehran bloggers claimed the Festival of Fire was celebrated with rallying cries for freedom.
  • Phyllis Chesler, The Family Security Matters warns of the coming Islamization of America.


  • AKBAR GANGI IS HOME!!! Thank You, Lord, for answering our prayers. I pray now that they never get their hands on him again. Please protect him. Please help him to find justice for a non-violent Iran. Help him to lead the Iranian people into a peaceful revolution that is more powerful than any weapon known to man. The power of prayer, and You, the Almighty God of Righteousness. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.