My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Yahoo Helps China Imprison Dissidents

Headlines you may have missed:

Information supplied by Yahoo ! helped journalist Shi Tao get 10 years in prison.
Yahoo accused in jailing of 2nd China Internet user.
Yahoo 'helped jail China writer'.
Yahoo’s data contributes to arrests in China: free Shi Tao from prison in China!.

And in case you are thinking those are old cases:
Group: Yahoo gave China key data Feb. 6, 2006.

This is an outrage. What should we do? I wish I knew. Google is also somewhere in there, but I do not know where or how to find out. Do you remember the summit they had where the Iranians and Chinese wanted to take the internet out of the control of the people who created it (namely, the USA) and have the UN control it? Now do you see the ominous picture growing? I hate this.

Hey, Yahoo. You suck. No human life is worth any profit you may have stolen on the backs of these poor people who are only trying to exercise the freedoms you so casually take for granted. How could you? SHAME on you!