My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Joel Stein VERSUS the USA Military

Joel Stein, an editorial writer for the Lost Angeles Times, has hit a new low. I will put him up against anyone in our Military, including the ladies. He wouldn't stand a chance.

Let him hide behind the protection of the US Military that is keeping him alive while he spreads this dribble. On the other hand, I'm tired of giving these traitors a pass. I think he ought to be shot for treason.

So you think I'm wrong? Read up on Washington, Lincoln, Teddy, and Roosevelt. FDR had 8 Germans, 1 was a citizen, shot within 8 days of capture, trial, and death. They were caught on this land planning to do harm to this country.

Where did those liberals go?

Radio Blogger has the transcript of an interview between radio giant Hugh Hewitt and this ignorant man earlier today. There is also an audio soundtrack for your pleasure, if you can stand it. Hat tip to Radio Blogger.

Major K. is one who would like to take him over and show him Iraq real personal. I can guarantee he is not the only one! Editors and Publishers also has an article on this article.

Cowardice suits the Left well. After all, to be brave one must learn how to face reality...

There are some very fine commenters on this topic here:
Dumb and Dumber, by Mark in Mexico, HUGH HEWITT VS. JOEL STEIN: NO CONTEST, by Michelle Malkin, Of Warriors and wusses, by Small Town Veteran, RIP Joel Stein's career- Kudos Hugh Hewitt , by Blackfive, Joel Stein: ..."what do you mean by 'honor'?", by The Jawa Report, LA Times columnist: I don't support the troops, by Pundit Review, MEETING AND GREETING THE PLANES IN MAINE, by Mudville Gazette, A Lefty Admits He Doesn't Support Our Soldiers, by Flopping Aces, The War and the Troops, by Tiger Hawk, Joel Stein and Kay Lebowitz: Two Sharply Contrasting Approaches to "Supporting our Troops", by The Hedgehog Blog, Continuation from Yesterdat's Post..., by Sparks from the Anvil, and Warriors and Worms, by Iraq War Today.
You will find differences and similarities in most of these posts, but they each have their own style and perspective. I recommend them all. Everyone have a great day!

Update: It is a day later, and my heart has been convicted about something I said. I need to apologize for saying that Mr. Stein should be shot. I lost my mind for a day, because...it does not matter why. It was wrong, I apologize, and I will try not to write when I am that angry.

No, I do not believe people should be shot or even go to jail (unless they leak top secret, classified information). This would not be a free society if that were the case. I just wish people like me, ordinary folks, were heard 1/10 of the time that the loonies are heard. It tends to drive one nuts. Sorry.