My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Daily Quote(s) 9/17/2005

Friday, September 2, 2005
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." --Cesare Beccaria (On Crimes and Punishment, quoted by Thomas Jefferson in Commonplace Book), Reference: The Commonplace Book, Jefferson (298-316)

Say it loud, and say it proud, my brother!

Monday, September 5, 2005
"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin (Poor Richard's Almanack, 1757), Reference: Franklin: Writings, Lemay, ed., Library of America (1290)

Profound wisdom.

Tuesday, September 6, 2005
"The establishment of Civil and Religious Liberty was the Motive which induced me to the Field -- the object is attained -- and it now remains to be my earnest wish & prayer, that the Citizens of the United States could make a wise and virtuous use of the blessings placed before them." --George Washington (letter to the Reformed German Congregation of New York City, 27 November 1783), Reference: George Washington: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. (271)

Who is it that says we were not a Christian nation? Oh, that shrimp. Newdal (sp?). I have been searching everywhere, and I just cannot find in the Constitution of the United States of America the promise people would not be offended! I always thought that is what the 1st Amendment was all about.

After all, I am oft offended by "people" from the Left, when I allow them to get to me. I am offended when lawyers sue for millions, and their client gets pennies. I am offended that Africa is not allowed to use DDT to get rid of malaria (it was outlawed only AFTER we got rid of it here!). Yes, my friends, I am offended constantly on a daily basis. SO WHAT?!? Grow up.

Wednesday, September 7, 2005
"Can it be, that Providence has not connected the permanent felicity of a Nation with its virtue? The experiment, at least, is recommended by every sentiment which ennobles human Nature." --George Washington (Farewell Address, 19 September 1796), Reference: George Washington: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. (522)

For the college student, I'm sure you will understand what I am about to say. Remember how hard it was to read the old English? Why don't you take a stab at reading books that were written about 1720-1820. Then you may have a better understanding of the USA Constitution. One book you may want to start with is The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith. ($16.47 at Amazon.com)

Thursday, September 8, 2005
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." --Thomas Jefferson (letter to Benjamin Rush, 23 September 1800), Reference: Jefferson: Writings, Peterson ed., Library of America (1082)

That means Communism, Nazism, Fascism, Terrorism, and Leftism. I do not mean Democrats. I do not mean Liberals. If I did, I would have said so.

I mean the Left that will force you to believe or tolerate them without argument, but they will not let you express opposite thoughts, views, issues, or anything else without trying to violently shout you down, threaten you, and get downright rude and nasty. If this is not you, I do not mean you. If this is you, what the hell are you doing reading my blog?

Trying to get informed? Trying to find a way to attack me? LOL. You cannot. I ignore you. Get away from kid, you bother me! lol. Only kidding. Everyone is welcome here. You must know that I do not take lightly to anyone trying to harm our country or our men and women in the Military. I will fight you in the arena of ideas. This is healthy. It is good to have your ideas challenged. We must know what we believe and be able to elaborate on it.

You never know. You may even run across me fighting for Darfur! Why is it the Left never has any clue about the people they offend? I have been on the Darfur wagon for over 2 years now. I found out through Samaritan's Purse. You may be interested also in Passion of the Present. They have daily articles from Darfur.

Many of us believe it is people who make a difference, not governments. Either belief will hopefully help these people. I have rambled on long enough. Have a good day.