My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Pray for Ganji

Akbar Ganji, an Iranian man who has jailed for speaking openly, was hospitalized today for low body weight and low blood pressure due to his hunger strike.
"Since Ganji weighs no more than 54kg and his blood pressure has taken a dive, prison doctors decided to keep him in the clinic under round-the-clock surveillance," Shafiie said. [read more]

Ganji is a writer, and we have been asking the Iranian government to release him. He has terrible back pains (from torture, no doubt.) We need to come together for him. I do not care your politics.

This is a matter of free speech. This is a matter of life and death. If you cherish your own rights and life, you must defend others.