My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Mahabad, Iran in serious trouble

Today I have learned that the trouble is getting much worse than we have been led to believe. Ten innocent individuals have been murdered by the Republican Guard.

My dear friend, Korosh, is very worried for his countrymen. He is a peaceful man, but
by the recent announcement of the Kurdish militias about the announcement of war according to baztab.com (Farsi), a site run by a member of security council of Iran. The war has officially started but that is what Islamic republic is looking for why?

Another source, The Daily Briefing on Iran, is reporting
The city is now under complete general strike. Until 6:00 pm yesterday, large crowds had gathered outside the main prison demanding the return of the bodies of the murdered youth.

In solidarity with the people of Mahabad, the near by towns of Bookan, Saqiz, and Kamyaran have also joined the general strike.

Many Iranians are worried because of the new president. They just want to live in peace and freedom. Just like you and I. However, not one press agency will report about this torture and murdering of innocent men, women, and children. Yes, even the children are being tortured to death.
Today, Reza Pahlavi issued a statement condemning the brutalities of the Islamic regime in Mahabad and supported the struggle of the Iranian Kurds against the oppression of the Islamic Republic.

I shall continue to write and call the White House. I shall continue to pray for these people. These are our brothers and sisters. We cannot stand by and let this happen.

Do not get me wrong. They do not want our military help. They would, however, appreciate our moral and political support. They choose to do this peacefully. I hope they can. I am worried, however, about the ads the government is placing in the paper every week for suicide bombers.

It is a dangerous world out there. We must decide if we are going to be on the side of decency or indecency. Good or evil. If you have trouble discerning which is which, please stay home. You are of no use to anyone. Thank you.

Hat tip to Korosh and The Daily Briefing on Iran.