My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Remembering D-Day

Today is a day in history I should know more about. I do not. I do know that it is D-Day, and we lost many brave young men. We also had many brave young men that went foward from Utah Beach, Normandy.

I have some links I would like to share with you on this day. I hope you enjoy them.

This one is a picture of the Coast Guard leaving the ship to go to the coast of Utah Beach, Normandy at approxiamately 6:30 am. This one is a picture taken by Robert Capa/Magnum. This one is a picture of the Beach. Hat tip to Mr. Kurtz' Neighborhood.

Blackfive has a few blogs listed over at his site that are also remembering today, the 61st Anniversary of D-Day. If you want to know what is going on in the services, Blackfive is the place to go. So go!

These people can do a much better job than I with the history and facts. I just want to Salute all of you, and I want to say, "Thank you for your service, and welcome home." Job well done.