My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Ground Zero Memorial

Debra Burlingame (I hope that's the correct spelling) was just on the radio with Bill Bennett. She has written a piece a few days ago about what is wrong with the Memorial in her view. Mine also.

From what I have gathered, there is going to be a place depicting slavery, religious persecution (Moslem), and world hunger, Pinot Chez's victims, and Chinese crimes against humanity. Hmm. I don't mind you making a museum of those things, but not here.

What about the people who died there on September 11, 2001? Don't worry. That will be nicely tucked out of sight below. I have heard that it will be too small to place all the necessary items into the museum.

I have a question. Why there? Why do they have to put those other things there? This is NOT about world hunger, there is no slavery, and the Christians are the most persecuted if you haven't noticed. We are told, however, to shut up and go inside a Church. Oh no. We have cannot have a piece of the public forum, because we are fanatics that are just as bad as the Taliban.

Let me ask you this: When is the last time we suicide bombed anyone, anywhere? No? Oh. When is the last time our complaints were ever heard to the point you took your lousy "art" and put it away? Never? Yes. You want to say Moslems are being persecuted? How? Where is your proof? Are you aware that it was the Christians, not the Atheists, who made sure there was food for them to eat after 9/11/2001. We went out of our way to help. Are you not persecuting us now by saying we are responsible for their persecution?

America, get a grip. Do not make this into a hate-America first Memorial. We will not let you. I will not let you. Except I will call all the Congress and Senate members toll free at 877-762-8762 and let them know what you are planning to do with the $300,000,000 you are going to receive for this trash. This is not a Memorial. It is a disgrace, and you should be called to account for it. Shame on you.

PS. I have to find out the organization to whom this money was awarded. If you know, I sure would appreciate your help.

Update: Michelle Malkin weighs in on this issue, as well as others she links to. She is very good, and so are the people she linked to. Please read their take on this issue. Also, Debra has written an article for the Opinion Journal today, June 8, 2005. She is an extraordinary woman.

Thank you, Debra, for doing for us collectively what we would like to do. We shall do our part. Everyone, have a great and useful day.

Update 2: Mr. Kurtz also has information over at his site. Check out more of his writings. He is a very informed man. I enjoy reading his writings. I believe you will, too.