My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Monday, June 13, 2005

The Federalist: Founders' Daily Quote(s) 6/13/2005

Thursday, May 26, 2005
"The truth is, that, even with the most secure tenure of office, during good behavior, the danger is not, that the judges will be too firm in resisting public opinion, and in defence of private rights or public liberties; but, that they will be ready to yield themselves to the passions, and politics, and prejudices of the day." --Joseph Story

He's singing my song!

Friday, May 27, 2005
"To be prepared for war, is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace." --George Washington

A man after my own heart. As long as we have the means to protect ourselves against all threats, foreign and domestic, the threat will be less if non-existent. You don't believe me? Let us say, for example, you want to rob me. I just happen to have a gun pointed at your private area. Are you going to make my day or turn and run? I thought so.

Monday, May 30, 2005
"But though the adversaries of the proposed Constitution should presume that the national rulers would be insensible to the motives of public good, or to the obligations of duty, I would still ask them how the interests of ambition, or the views of encroachment, can be promoted by such a conduct?" --Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 27

Does that mean you would be adverse to Sen. Kennedy? lol.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005
"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" --Patrick Henry

I agree. It is a shame that the activist pacifists do not. Is that contrary?