My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Downing Street memo fake?

Demosophist over at JAWA Report found this nice little tid-bit. Apparently, one of the reporters over in England received some "top secret" information from an "anonymous souce." He then retyped the contents and destroyed the originals. He made copies and distributed them. The AP asked a "senior British official" about the authenticity of the documents. He said the content appeared authentic. They ran with the story.

Now let me get this correct. We have no documentational evidence. We only have anonymous sources. Was the senior British official Galloway? What is going on in our journalism schools that we turn out idiots? Then again, why did I believe it? I am an idiot. I did not ask any questions. Now I can't even trust journalists to tell the truth even when they slant the issues. God, what are we coming to? [read more]

Hat tip to Mr. Kurtz.

Update: The reason I am suspicious is because no one destroys classified documents, except Sandy Berger.

Update 2:Demosophist has brought it to my attention that he and Dr. Rusty Shackleford are not one and the same person. Oops! Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I have just been reading Demosophist's site, and he is a very good writer in his own right. These two guest write on each other's site. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks, Demosophist, and everyone have a good day.

Update 3: It has come to my attention that there has been a fatwa put out against me due to my reporting this story. How do you say, "So?"! LOL. Hat tip to My Pet Jawa.