My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Liberation: 1945-2005

Now available for purchase, Liberation's re-release coincides with the 60th anniversary of the end of World War II in Europe, where today, antisemitism has once again reached levels unseen since Europe's liberation from the Nazis sixty years ago.

Interweaving personal narratives of unforgettable stories of tragedy, courage, resistance, and survival of the Jews of Europe with the story of the Allied campaign to liberate Europe and Adolf Hitler’s genocidal war against the Jews, Liberation reveals the inescapable and sobering reality that while Hitler was losing the war on the Allied Front, the Nazis were winning their war on the Jews and other innocent victims. The film reaches its climax with the dramatic liberation of Paris, the Benelux countries, and the death camps, through to VE Day.

Use these links to purchase Liberation, or the entire Moriah Films DVD collection.
You may also go to the library store through my title. Just click on it.

While this is an e-mail I received, I would just like to say a few words. I have no idea of the awful terror that was 1936-1945. While I will have the memories of September 11, 2001 etched in my mind till eternity, I believe we should never forget what man and hatred, when working together, are capable of doing to one another.

We must dililantly fight against this prejudice. We must fight all prejudice that breeds hatred. (I am not talking about the liking one color of clothing over another, so don't comment on it. You know what I mean.)

Never forget, for when you do it WILL raise it's ugly head again. You cannot be sure it will not be against you. That is not the actual reason why you shouldn't forget, but if that is the only way to get through to you, so be it.

For all who survived this horrific historical time, I pray God has blessed you with His Peace, Strenth, and Hope. On this day especially, may everyone take a moment to remember. My heart goes out to you. I will never forget what little I know. I promise you that.