My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Holocaust Martyrs' & Heroes' Remembrance Day

Chuck Simmins was kind enough to send me this information. It is very special and awful. Please, read it with reverence. You may read the entire story by clicking on the title.
<...>
Don't ever let another sonofabitch tell you that the rape of Lidice, that the slaughter of 2,000,000 Jews in Poland, that the human furnaces, that the concentration camps you read about are lies. I have seen it with my own eyes. I have seen the unbelievable. I have seen the depths of depravity to which so called human beings - the nazis - can fall. Debbie it is unbelievable--but, believe me. I have seen It.
<...>
I repeat, my Debbie. It is true - all the horror stories that the Nazis have perpetrated. From what I have seen they are capable of any inhumanity describable. There are none which they would not or could not execute. In all the world's history this black mark is most, horrible. We are supposed to live in a civilized world. But I have seen the barbarism and cannibalism of a so called civilized nation. Their scientific achievements are dwarfed by their utter lack of _______ . I am lost for words.
<...>
Albert Gaynes

For more information on the camp at Ohdruf, additional photos, and the story of how this account came to be created, please visit The Ohrdruf Photos. This is the sixtieth anniversary year of the liberation of the camps. They're being slowly forgotten, as each little atrocity numbs us to those that came before. Please don't forget. Teach your children. This is what happens when evil walks the earth.
There are no words I can add, so...Never Forget.