My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Abu Farraj who?

When I heard they had captured al Qaeda #3, I was a little puzzled, I must admit. I never heard the name before. I was glad, don't get wrong. Who is he? A Lybian? I thought everything was okay with Libya, NOT.

So why is this story difficult to get my hands around? I think I found the answer. Over at Counter Terrorism, Larry Johnson has written an article entitled "SPY v. SPY." He explains how messed up the search for these animals.

Apparently, no one department is working to find these animals. There is no coordination, no cooperation, and no captures that could have been. The CIA is fighting with State Department (what a joke) who are fighting with the Military.

It seems to me that the people on the ground do not need permission from everyone concerned except the terrorists to capture or kill them. This is not the case. If it were me, I would tell the guys on the ground if you get the chance take it. Let everything else work itself out later. Remember, this is a war. Or have we all forgotten?