My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Friday, April 29, 2005

Laura Ingraham and Breast Cancer

I have a request to make of my friends and other readers. Please say a prayer today for radio talk show host Laura Ingraham. She has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Her operation went well, but she has to go back for another. They found some more in her lymphnodes.

Today she pretty cheerful as she called into her show. She is getting bored, I image. If she's anything like me, being sick is the worst thing in the world! It just knocks you out of your regular routine, ya know?

Let us keep her in our prayers. She sent me an e-mail I would like to share with you. Well, part of it.
Please, please, please make sure that the women in your life are on top of their overall health. Monthly self-exams are critical to detecting early stage lumps, along with annual physicals and OB/GYN check-ups, and regular mammograms. Please don't be afraid of offending your friend, sister, mother, girlfriend or wife--press them on whether they are on top of this. Lives can be saved if we are smart. Please!
Thank you. Everyone have a great weekend.