My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The Federalist: Founders' Daily Quote(s) 4/20/2005

Monday, April 18, 2005
"I give my signature to many Bills with which my Judgment is at variance.... From the Nature of the Constitution, I must approve all parts of a Bill, or reject it in total. To do the latter can only be Justified upon the clear and obvious grounds of propriety; and I never had such confidence in my own faculty of judging as to be over tenacious of the opinions I may have imbibed in doubtful cases." --George Washington

If only we could learn these attributes in school and at home, we may be a better people.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005
"The principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." --Thomas Jefferson

Yes. It is indeed. Once you allow a "benefit" for nothing in return, you are on the path to communism. First, it is known as a "social net." Then, everyone is "entitled." Next, since the government does not earn the money, they tax the people more. Then they try to divide the society by telling the wealthy to pay for the poor while at the same time telling the poor the are "entitled" to another's money just because they exsist. This leads to Karl Marx, "From each according his [capability-sorry, I can't remember the word] to each according to his needs."

Somehow, this is supposed to bring utopia. It is a big lie. Look around. Is everybody working together, or are you afraid that your neighbor may sue you for anything you display on YOUR property? We are no longer free. Do not fool yourselves.

What is the answer? Stop illegal aliens from entering the country. Deport the ones who are here. Stop Congress from using money for anything other than what it has been declared in Article I, Section 8 of the United States Constitution. No perks. You want a secretary? Go pay for one out of your check, like the rest of Americans do. No lobbyists get to give money, buy favors, etc. Anyone, including Congress, the White House, and the Judiciary, caught receiving ANY money that is not for their campaign, goes to jail. Enough is enough.

We can not have a double standard in our government. You who make the laws must live under them as well. Maybe that way, you won't make such stupid laws. That is just a few suggestions. Carry on.