My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Thank you for your support in Darfur, Sudan

For everyone who has written a letter, made a phone call, said a prayer, or helped in any way, I have received an e-mail for you. I would also like to give my heart felt thanks. You are soldiers on the front line of saving lives. Your work is noble. Thank you.
Thank you for making your voice heard. In conjunction with organizations and congregations across North America, our 100 Hours of Conscience - Voices to End the Violence campaign resulted in many, many thousands of letters written to President Bush and other public officials expressing the will of the people that we put an end to the genocide in Darfur.

The next few days should see a new U.N. Security Council resolution, and we hope it will be strong enough to protect innocent civilians in Darfur.

Additionally, legislation has been introduced in the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives to drive stronger U.S. action to end the genocide and hold the perpetrators accountable. We'll keep you posted on its progress and opportunities for you to make your opinion known.

I hope you won't, but if you would like to unsubscribe to this weekly news update, please see the instructions at the end of this message, where you can also find my direct email address. Thanks for your support of our work.
Have a great day.