My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

NASCAR: Edwards beats Johnson

Carl Edwards, 25 years old from Missouri, in a dramatic finish common to Atlanta, GA, beats Jimmy Johnson in the Busch race Sunday. Jimmy Johnson was in the lead coming around the curve, but he tried to get in front of Carl Edwards. When he did that, he lost momentum. For those who don't know, that means speed. It was almost a picture perfect finish. Great race, guys.

While Johnson still leads in points, Edwards is in third place with points. (Sorry, I didn't catch the points, and they are not on the site yet.)

Carl Edwards also won the Busch Cup (?) yesterday. I'm not sure of the name of that competition, but I am sure he won the race. He is a newcomer to NASCAR, and he appears to be a young superstar. He is certainly someone to keep your eyes on for future glory.