My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I am Disabled, Am I Next?

I have written about current events. I have written commentary. I have written my political opinions. I have written about social issues. I have asked you to help people in other countries as well as 2nd Lt. Ilario Pantano. I have not written about myself, because I really do not think it appropriate. However, we have come to a stage, in my life anyway, where it has consumed us. This has to do with Terri Schiavo, but one day it may have to do with you.

I will tell you a little about what happened to me two days after graduating from college with honors. I was sitting at home with a keg party going on in the back yard. Being an ex-alcohic, you'd have thought I'd be having the time of my life. You would be wrong.

At 6pm the evening of June 1, I was having a stroke. I did not realize I was having it, so I waited until 11am the next morning to call the operator. Why did I call the operator? It's the only number I could remember. I could not remember my name, my address, or much of anything else. Everything I learned in college was wiped away in a few hours.

The doctors were telling my Mother that if I ever came out the coma I would never walk again. My Mother told me I woke up long enough to say, "F*** you!" I later learned that most people who have strokes curse a lot because that is one of the words they hear and remember the most.

Back to the point. It took me 1 1/2 years to learn how to walk again so you would not notice the limp. It took me 8 months to learn how to speak in one syllable words. If you wanted me to understand you, you had to speak slowly. But I did it. I made it back. I have learned through life more than I will ever learn in college.

That is the bare basics. I will not get into what I had to go through, nor will I discuss my issues of today. The reason I bring this to attention is because I am very frightened. I agree with my friend, Jack, that I should fear no one. As it says in Luke 12:4-7,
"I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him. Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs on your head are numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows."
I acknowledge my sin of fear, and I have asked for strength and forgiveness. Yet, my bones remain chilled. This case with Terri Schiavo has more ramifications than I believe people are aware.

Did you know that eugenics is not new? It was introduced in the 1910's-1930's. The Germans came here to learn about it so they could put it into law for the Holocaust. You say it could not happen here, I know. So did the Germans. After all, they were only going after the mentally retarded, the criminals, all the undesirables. Can you please tell me what makes you think that you will always be desirable? Are you that arrogant?

Do you realize that right here in the USA we had sterilization? Yes. Justice Holmes of the United States Supreme Court said that 3 generations of idiots was enough, so anyone who was deemed an idiot was sterilized. You didn't know that? Ha ha ha. Neither did I, not until this lawsuit came up. What do you think now?

Do you trust this same court that found rights for every state to own slaves? You remember Dred Scott? Plessy v Ferguson? These courts are making law, and I say it must be stopped. They no longer look to the
Constitution. They must be de-robed, and quickly. Terri is running out of time.

Please pray for Terri, her family, her ex-husband, the justices, and everyone concerned. You can go to help Terri.com and write an e-mail to Governor Jeb Bush. Give him your support, and be polite. Thank you.

I realize I may not have made the connection between Terri's case and the rest of us, but think about it like this: We have a deficit, old people and sick people cost money, we want to balance the budget, we have too many illegal aliens that they refuse to kick out, and something has to give. I don't want that to be the sick, the homeless, the low level criminals, or the mentally retarded. It happened here before. They are trying to bring it back. EUGENICS. Population (non)-growth. Abortionists. Infanticidists. It's all PRO-DEATH.

Who will feed the old? We have been raised to believe it is not our responsibility. Bolderdash! We don't throw away people. Not in America, but that's what they are trying to change our culture into, if we let them.
All it takes for evil to thrive, is for good men to do nothing. (I forget who to credit for this, but thank you.)