My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

The Federalist: Founders' Daily Quote(s)

Wednesday, February 23, 2005
"I think we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious." --Thomas Jefferson

Hehehe. No comment.

Thursday, February 24, 2004
"The instrument by which it [government] must act are either the AUTHORITY of the laws or FORCE. If the first be destroyed, the last must be substituted; and where this becomes the ordinary instrument of government there is an end to liberty!" --Alexander Hamilton

I believe this to mean when there is no authority given by the people and only force is always used, we have then become under the will of tyrants.

Friday, February 25, 2005
"[The Convention] thought it wrong to admit in the Constitution the idea that there could be property in men." --James Madison

Huh? I guess you had to be there.

Monday, February 28, 2005
"Public opinion sets bounds to every government, and is the real sovereign in every free one." --James Madison

So does this mean we can tear down the house of the Supremes? They need to go.