My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Friday, March 04, 2005

Darfur Rally

Yesterday I wrote an article about a rally that will take place in front of Wall Street to try to raise awareness of the genocide in Darfur, Sudan. I was asked a very good question which, I'm embarassed to say, I did not have a very good answer. So I did the next best thing: I asked someone who knew!

While it is true that we do not do business with the Sudanese government, our mutual stocks, 401K's, etc. I just received an e-mail that I believe would be helpful to my answer. Please know that these are NOT my words, but those of Eric Reeves. Here is where I placed the article. I started a new blog. It is called "Causes of Interest." Have a good day.