My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Tony Snow & your health

In case you have not heard yet, Tony Snow has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. He will be off the air for a while. I would like to be serious with you for a minute.

Please, get your check-up. It may be embarassing. I don't know. I know I don't like going to the gyn doctor, but I do it because it saved my life, twice. I was dianosed with pre-cancer cells, and I was told if I didn't have the surgery I would die. If you think a little pain or discomfort is worth your life, it isn't. It is nothing compared to what women go through. Today, I am cancer free.

I am grateful Tony was man enough to go the doctor. They caught it at a very early stage. BTW, Tony is not 50 yet. You are not too young to go to the doctor to save your life. I respect all of you, and I don't want to lose you.

Please pray for Tony and his family in their time of need. I know he will appreciate it. You can send get well cards at tonysnow@foxnews.com Thank you.

Correction: Tony Snow does not have prostate cancer. He has a cancer I cannot pronounce. It is colon cancer. He had the operation Monday, and seems to be doing fairly well. He was up for a while with his wife. He did take a few steps. Keep those prayers coming! Thank you.