My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Friday, February 25, 2005

Rush reporting from Afghanistan

Rush was just on the phone from Afghanistan. He was talking about the meetings he has had with troops, President Karzai, and the value of USAID. He had much praise for our troops, but what was surprising was his praise for USAID. I was unaware that these people, who are paid very little, volunteered to go to Afghanistan. They believe in their, our, cause. They believe in helping the Afghani people. They are teaching women to be reporters. There is so much going on over there, and we are getting ripped off by our so called "news" media. Someone should tell them that "news" stands for North, East, West, and South. All of it.

He should be back Monday, Feb. 28, 2005, and he will bring with him pictures, interviews, news, and amazing editorials about his trip. It is at that time, 12-3 pm Monday through Friday, that we will be treated to what he can put into words. I believe you can listen to him on the internet. You will find Rush here. I pray for him a safe trip home and Godspeed.