My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The Federalist: Founders' Daily Quote(s)

Monday, February 21, 2005
"There! His Majesty can now read my name without glasses. And he can double the reward on my head!" --John Hancock

This is what we should say to the UN. I believe this was said after he signed the Declaration of Independence. What a great, brave man!

Tuesday, February 22, 2005
"When you assemble from your several counties in the Legislature, were every member to be guided only by the apparent interest of his county, government would be impracticable. There must be a perpetual accommodation and sacrifice of local advantage to general expediency." --Alexander Hamilton

...and that is why we have what we call we call gridlock.