My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Car Bomb Kills former PM Rafik Hariri of Lebanon

Bebeaux has written an excellent article on the background and current events of the car bombing over at Double Toothpicks. Apparently, the car bomb killed the former Prime Minister of Lebanon and others. Prime Minister Hariri was thought to be sympathetic to the Maronite Christians. This may be one reason for the bombing. Hezbollah is the only group of "people" allowed to bear arms in this country, so no one can stand up to them. Syria has been strong arming them for many years. Please visit that site, because they know more about it than I do. Thanks, and have a great day.