My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Friday, January 14, 2005

Sharon: Stop Terrorists First, Then Talk

"The [P]rime [M]inister has instructed all members of the government to cease all contact with the Palestinian Authority until they take the necessary steps to curb and stop terrorism," a senior Israeli offical in Sharon's office said.

After this message was made clear, the palestinians started with the same old rheteric. "We will continue to chase you and disrupt your sleep until you leave the land you occupied," the groups said in a statement on Friday. Abbas, due to be sworn in Saturday, condemned both the bombing which killed 6 Israelis and the return of fire by the Israeli Army.

Maybe it's me. Maybe I'm missing something. If someone shoots at me, do I not have a God given right to defend myself? If a palestinian wants to shoot at me, he had better hope he doesn't miss, because I will blow his freaking brains out. Do not misunderstand. If it were French shooting at me, I would feel the same about them. Am I say the Arabs who call themselves palestinians starting all the problems? You bet your sweet potatoes. [read more]

I hope for the day when the people who are trapped in the area of Gaza and the West Bank are truly free to live in peace. When they love their children more than they hate the Israelis. Is this too much to ask? Maybe, maybe not. After all, they are cousins-if only they would remember that.