My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Friday, January 28, 2005

Sanctions for Sudan

Moved and angered by their visits to camps for Sudanese refugees, House members called on world leaders Thursday to pressure Sudan to stop the violence in the Darfur region that has killed more than 70,000 people.

Actor Don Cheadle, nominated for an Oscar for his role in "Hotel Rwanda,'' joined lawmakers at a Capitol Hill news conference, drawing parallels to the violence that killed more than 500,000 people in Rwanda in 1994.

"People saw the film and said, `Wow that's terrible. What happened? Wish I had known.' Now you know,'' said Cheadle. [read more]
There is a site that you can go to and follow up on the situation in Darfur, Sudan. It is in Darfur, Sudan. Thank you, and have a great day.