My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Rolling Stones Relent on Bible Ad

The magazine, the Rolling Stones, has relented on it's refusal to accept advertizing from Zondervan, the publishing company of the Today's New International Version Bible.
The Bible ad mentions neither God nor theology, but instead features a pensive young man and the slogan, "Written in today's language, for today's times -- and it makes more sense than ever." [read more]
Even the music community understands that bad publicity is no longer acceptable publicity. When they receive publicity in these numbers, it is disgust, not a money maker. It will be on the magazine racks February 11, 2005. I, for one, will not be buying one.