My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Monday, January 31, 2005

The Federalist: Founders' Daily Quote(s)

Thursday, January 27, 2005
"The Constitution on which our Union rests, shall be administered by me [as President] according to the safe and honest meaning contemplated by the plain understanding of the people of the United States at the time of its adoption -- a meaning to be found in the explanations of those who advocated, not those who opposed it, and who opposed it merely lest the construction should be applied which they denounced as possible." --Thomas Jefferson

It seems I've heard this somewhere recently...hmm.

Friday, January 28, 2005
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." --Thomas Paine

How insightful. First they went after my cigarettes, now they are going after YOUR fast food. Do not fret. I will stand with you, even though you did not stand up for me.

Monday, January 31, 2005
"Religion is the only solid Base of morals and that Morals are the only possible Support of free governments." --Gouverneur Morris

All (or most) of our laws, while based on the Law of Commons, were subscribed from the Bible. Do not get mad at me. I did not write the Bible or the laws. Do I like all of them? No. Do I follow all of them? I'll never tell! Hehehe. When I do what is right, is it easy? Usually not. Am I happier for having done so? You can bet your bottom dollar. Have a great day.