My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Friday, November 19, 2004

Upcoming Country Music Star

Chely Wright was driven to write and sing this song, "Bumper of My SUV" when a "lady" in a mini-van on her way to pick up her children (the "lady's") gave her the number one sign. It was not a nice gesture. The "lady" did this in response to the bumper sticker Chely has on her SUV-Supporting the US Marines.

In her words:
"I am in no way trying to exploit the situation in the Middle East by "writing a country song about it and "cashing in." I am simply keeping my promise to about 4,000 young men and women who personally asked a favor of me.....and I humbly said yes. So, here it is. Half of the revenue made from the sale of the single will be donated to Stars For Stripes, the nonprofit organization that took us on this trip, and is committed to taking entertainment to the guys and gals who need it the most. Check out their website: (www.starsforstripes.com). Thank you---chely wright"
If you would be interested in her song-I really like it-you may purchase it ($5/single+$3s/h) at her site:

Chely Wright
PO Box 2733
Conroe, TX 77305

Please make checks or money orders out to: Painted Red Music Group.

Thank you for your support. Have a great day, God bless, and thank a Serviceman/woman today if you are fortunate enough to meet one.

Labels: , ,