My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Friday, October 01, 2004

September 11, 2004 and Me

This is an article I wrote for a different blog on Sept. 11, 2004. I thought I would share it with you.

Hello. I am Rosemary, and I am from the USA. This is a very difficult day for me. I have no words to say how I feel. I would just like the world to understand that I, my country, we don't hate everyone. It wasn't everyone who flew airplanes into buildings filled with people. It was a group of people that are now in Iraq (I'm so sorry) to cause chaos and fear.

One of our Presidents, back in WWII said, "There is nothing to fear but fear itself." I find this very profound.We rose up as a country in 1942, after being attacked by Japanese suicide fliers on December 7, 1941. We did not have a plan to win the peace. I get so tired of hearing that stupidity. If we lost the war, there would be no peace. We have to win first, (and there is still much to do.)

The whole world would be very different. Genocide would continue unopposed. As it was/is in Iraq, Russia, Afghanistan, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, and many other places.After WWII, we declared, "Never again."

That is when the UN was created by Churchhill (UK,) Roosevelt (USA,) Stalin (USSR) and 2 others (I think!) These are the 3 main players. This was to make sure things like genocide would never happened again. Well, the road to hell is paved with the good intentions of men...

I would like to wipe away all of your tears. I would also like to wipe out all dictators, so that everyone could be free with peace and stability. Our enemy would like us dead. Period. That is why we have no choice. You/we have no choice. You/we must fight, also, for your/our very own freedom. You/we must not be afraid.We want to help you so much.

We do not like children to be hungry. That is why we sent food. The food was sold for gold palaces. We also sent medicine. That was also sold. You deserve much better.

God created you in His image to be an instrument of good, love, justice, purity, and, because of Adam, to know the difference between right and wrong. Murder is wrong. Protecting people from people that would do you harm is mercy.I don't need to tell you this. These are things you already know. I am just rambling on, because it is easier than feeling the anger that I have toward the terrorists.

I am not against Islam. I am against people who pervert it and use it for their own political purposes. We cannot use God like that! We will one day stand together as friends, and oh what a glorious day that will be! I pray for your peace and stability. Be careful, and remember, you have a friend across the miles. May peace and grace be with you always.


CORRECTION: The planes that attacked Pearl Harbor were not suicide bombers. They were fighter jets, and they had intentions of going home.
The Europeans had been fighting this war for a long time before the USA got involved.

There were many who died beside Americans.

I apologize to all for getting my facts wrong.