My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

The Federalist: Founders' Daily Quote

"A feeble executive implies a feeble execution of the government. A feeble execution is but another phrase for a bad execution; and a government ill executed, whatever may be its theory, must, in practice, be a bad government." --Joseph Story

So, you believe that we should look to the government for our every whim and need? HA! What this quote is saying to me, personally, is that the weaker the government, the less intrusive. We are the people that have the power to say what happens in our government, unlike many unfortunate souls.

If you do not write letters to the editor (even though they won't publish OUR letters!,) call your Congressman or Senators at (877) 762-8762, call the White House comment line at (202) 456-1111, then I'd be so pleased not to hear you bitching about the life you have been charged live! Thank you.

PS. I have many more numbers if you would like to e-mail me at RawSense2004@yahoo.com. Please, be a part of this struggle to keep our government restrained in all things EXCEPT defense of this great nation, for which it is charged.

PSS. Or it could mean that all governments are bad! Certainly, I don't believe he meant that we should have one strong branch and 2 weaker branches of gov't. Although...maybe the thought of the day was that we speak with one voice, we all stand together or hang seperately, etc? Would someone be so kind as to enlighten me? Thank you.