My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

United We Stand-2

Blackfive has received an e-mail from Lt.Col Mark Smith in Iraq. It is inspiring and humbling. If you read only one blog today, please let it be this one.

LtCol Smith shares with us the outstanding men for which he is in charge. He allows them to tell us who they are and where they are from.

After you read this part of the e-mail, he sends an inspirational notice to all who are left behind to tend the fort. I will close the same way he did, by letting the proud mother of Cpl Zenoni, 2nd Battalion, 24 Marines close with:
"It's shameful to say that before my son joined the Marines, shortly after 9/11, I really never took notice on who was defending our country, my home. I speculate, like so many other American's, I took so much for granted.It has been both eye opening as well as a very humbling experience. I am so very proud of my son as well as all the soldiers defending not only me, but also this fabulous country of ours. I am proud my son stands amongst these fine men and women who are a creation of a better future.

I leave you with a quote..."As the storm clouds of war gather, at least I know that I can look the men and women in uniform in the eye. My son is one of them. He is the best I have to offer. He is my heart. He is my son."

Sandy Zenoni, proud mother of Cpl Zenoni, 2nd Bn, 24th Marines
Thank you so much, Mrs. Sandy Zenoni, for your sacrifice. We, I, support all the wives, Mothers, Fathers, sons, and children whom have taken up the mantle to comfort, strengthen, and love our men and women across the many miles. We are in debted to you. Please accept my humble, "Thank you," and know you are in our prayers.