My Newz 'n Ideas

It is my intent to express my opinion and to discuss current events. Feel free to make suggestions to fields you would like to see covered, and I will consider them. Please leave your name with comments. Thank you. Arabic: عربي.

Sunday, September 19, 2004

Heavy Hearted

I come to you with a heavy heart today. I have just been reading news from Radio Free Asia. There is an Australian woman who needs the world to hear her story of torture in China. Are we really going to have the Olympics there? Wait until you read her story, and you tell me if you want to take that risk.

In Thailand, over 2,000 people were rounded up. They were promised they could find refuge in America, but the Thai gov't. has decided that it was time to deport them back to Laos.

Another story of my interest is that of the Burmese Opposition Youths seeking signatures on a petition for Democracy. Aung San Suu Kyi is still under house arrest, although she was supposed to be released in April of 2004. The UN is doing nothing. Again.

Speaking of the UN, it is the UN that has been in the way of Progress in Iraq. I am very angered about this. They steal Iraqi money, they demand Iraqi have soveignty, they demand and demand...and what? Now Kofi Annan says that the war was illegal. Oh yeah? Freeing people is illegal? Stopping rape and torture is illegal? Stop mass graves is illegal? Helping people to fight for their liberty is illegal? Kofi, get the hell off my property! You disgrace NYC. You walk around and have your fancy "talks" that do nothing. You let genocide occur, not once but several times! You don't want anyone to act. Well let my tell you something, Mr Annan, from a New Yorker...I don't need your permission to do what is right. You are not God, and you certainly are not my father! Now get lost.

Peace out.